Terms & Conditions
2. Our Service. Our web site and services provided to you on and through our web site on an "AS IS" basis. You agree that the owners of this web site exclusively reserve the right and may, at any time and without notice and any liability to you, modify or discontinue this web site and its services or delete the data you provide, whether temporarily or permanently. We shall have no responsibility or liability for the timeliness, deletion, failure to store, inaccuracy, or improper delivery of any data or information. All prices quoted are in £ Sterling.
4. Age Restriction & Verification
You must be 18 years of age or older to buy products via this website. By placing your order for our products, you are confirming that you are over the age of 18 years old. We may carry out random verification to check your age, for example by asking for identification, and in the event that we determine that you are not legally permitted to order the products, or you refuse to provide such verification, we shall be entitled to end the contract without notice. We may also use an age verified delivery service in which a challenge 25 policy is in effect. You can only order on this website if you are a consumer, not a reseller.
You guarantee that the information you provide to us in the request or order is accurate and complete.
Where you have asked us to provide an age restricted product or service, you consent to allow us to share your information with, and collect information from, One Account Mobile Limited (1account) and third-party providers of identity data to 1account. This consent is necessary for 1account to verify that you meet the minimum age and identity verification requirements as determined by relevant UK age restriction legislation. You consent to allow 1account to retain relevant data for the purpose of future verification.
At times the age verification check may fail or be referred. In these scenarios we could request passport/driving license details from you to re-check your details manually against the relevant database to verify age. If you do not wish to release this information to us we can cancel and refund your order.
*Please note that if for any reason you fail age verification there is a strong possibility that your order will be delayed, if this occurs please contact our online support team immediately on 01793 850200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Registration and Password. You are responsible to maintain the confidentiality of your password and shall be responsible for all uses via your registration and/or login, whether authorised or unauthorised by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use or your registration, user account or password.
7. Your Conduct. You agree that our web site may expose you to Content that may be objectionable or offensive. We shall not be responsible to you in any way for the Content that appears on this web site nor for any error or omission.
You explicitly agree, in using this web site or any service provided, that you shall not:
(a) provide any Content or perform any conduct that may be unlawful, illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive, harassing, stalking, tortious, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, offensive, objectionable, pornographic, designed to or does interfere or interrupt this web site or any service provided, infected with a virus or other destructive or deleterious programming routine, give rise to civil or criminal liability, or which may violate an applicable local, national or international law;
(b) impersonate or misrepresent your association with any person or entity, or forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any Content provided by you;
(c) collect or harvest any data about other users;
(d) provide or use this web site and any Content or service in any commercial manner or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorised advertising without our prior written consent;
(e) provide any Content that may give rise to our civil or criminal liability or which may constitute or be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including but not limited to laws relating to copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secrets.
8. Third Party Services. Goods and services of third parties may be advertised and/or made available on or through this web site. Representations made regarding products and services provided by third parties are governed by the policies and representations made by these third parties. We shall not be liable for or responsible in any manner for any of your dealings or interaction with third parties.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT PROVIDED (THE "SERVICE") IS MADE AVAILABLE AND PROVIDED TO YOU AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, THAT ANY PART OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OF ANY QUALITY, NOR THAT ANY CONTENT IS SAFE IN ANY MANNER FOR DOWNLOAD. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NEITHER US NOR ANY PARTICIPANT IN THE SERVICE PROVIDES PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND AND THAT USE OF SUCH ADVICE OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WITHOUT OUR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND. Some jurisdictions may not allow disclaimers of implied warranties and the above disclaimer may not apply to you only as it relates to implied warranties.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, (II) THE COST TO OBTAIN SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND/OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY TRANSACTION ENTERED INTO ON THROUGH THE SERVICE, (III) UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR DATA TRANSMISSIONS, (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE, OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. In some jurisdictions, it is not permitted to limit liability and therefore such limitations may not apply to you.
12. Reservation of Rights. We reserve all of our rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and any other proprietary right that we may have in our web site, its content, and the goods and services that may be provided. In the case of an item having a misrepresented or faulty price, we retain the right to cancel any order before being shipped. The use of our rights and property requires our prior written consent. We are not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights by making services available to you and you will have no rights to make any commercial uses of our web site or service without our prior written consent.
13. Notification of Copyright Infringement. If you believe that your property has been used in any way that would be considered copyright infringement or a violation of your intellectual property rights, our copyright agent may be contacted at the following address: email@example.com
16. Returns. If you have changed your mind and wish to cancel your order you may do so within 14 days starting the day after the goods were delivered. Should you wish to return them within this period please contact Puffin Hut by email or by telephone. Please note that as some products are for oral use, once used they cannot be returned, unless faulty. Any items returned for a refund must be returned in resalable condition with any seals intact where applicable. Unless faulty we cannot accept any unsealed E-Liquid returns for health and safety reasons so please make your selection carefully. Orders can be cancelled any time prior to shipping. Once shipped, if returning an unwanted item, you will be responsible for both the outbound and return shipping costs. You may contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 01793 850200.
In addition to our 14 day Refund/Exchange policy, if you believe that your product is faulty please contact us as soon as possible. Upon returning goods to us they should be well packaged and reasonable care taken to ensure that they arrive back to us in good condition and if possible with the original packaging. We cannot be held responsible for any returned goods that do not arrive back to us, so please return using recorded delivery. Any returns must include a copy of the original order
18. Rewards. Rewards claimed using our loyalty scheme are redeemable on your next purchase on our website, rewards cannot be redeemed if no purchase is made. For Reward items, no refunds will be given as it is a free item. The Puffin Hut Online Rewards Points Scheme is exclusive to our online store and cannot be redeemed in our physical stores. The Puffin Hut 'Puffin Points' Loyalty Scheme is exclusive to in-store only and cannot be used or transferred to our online Rewards Points Scheme. You can redeem your Puffin Hut Online Reward Points against any order placed on our website. You can redeem up to 100% of the value of an order using your Puffin Hut Online Reward Points. Puffin Hut Online Reward Points are non-transferable. Puffin Hut Online Rewards Points have no cash value. Minimum order referral value of £10 required to qualify for referral points. The Puffin Hut reserves the right to amend or remove the Rewards scheme at any time, and to suspend any account found to be abusing our program, for example, self-referral.
19. Battery Safety. Use special caution when working with Lithium-ion cells, they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or burn if mishandled. Make sure the user has enough knowledge of Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries in charging, discharging and assembly before use. Always charge in/on a fire-proof surface. Never leave charging batteries unattended. Never continue to use an e-cigarette type device if you can feel the battery getting hot. If the battery becomes hot to the touch, or if it begins smelling: TURN THE DEVICE OFF IMMEDIATELY. Let it cool down, outside ideally, on a heat proof surface, and then dispose of safely, or contact customer services, if still under warranty. Ensure you always use the charger that is specified for your device ONLY. The Puffin Hut Ltd is not responsible for damage if there is any modification of the batteries/chargers in any form or shape (including pack making). We are not responsible for any damage caused by misuse or mishandling of Lithium-Ion batteries and chargers. We will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, damage, or defect, permanent or temporary that may be caused by the use of any batteries.
20. Disposable e-cigarettes. Disposable e-cigarettes are not covered under our 28 day warranty due to the fact that they are a consumable oral product. Please be aware that any puff counts that are advertised based on estimates provided by the manufacturer. We do not offer refunds or replacements on disposable units for failing to meet puff expectations.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: The Puffin Hut Ltd (Company no. 08692530) trading as The Puffin Hut whose registered office is at 18 High Street, Royal Wootton Bassett, Swindon, Wiltshire. SN4 7AA
- Employees of The Puffin Hut and their affiliated partners or family members shall not be permitted to enter any competitions run by the company.
- All competitions are open to persons aged over 18 who are residents in the United Kingdom (excluding NI) only. Proof of ID may be required to claim this prize.
- There will never be an entry fee to enter our competitions.
- The closing date of competitions will be listed within the post. Entries received outside the specified time period will not be considered for entry.
- The Puffin Hut competitions run on a one entry per person basis. More than one entry per person or from the same social media account will not count and will not be considered for entry unless otherwise stated.
- One or more winner(s) will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The winner will be notified directly on the platform the competition has taken place: Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The winner must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified of winning by The Puffin Hut, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and the company shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days).
- If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms and conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and The Puffin Hut shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The prize will be sent to the winner(s) by post.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferrable and not redeemable for cash alternative or other prizes.
- The Puffin Hut retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equivalent value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- The Puffin Hut accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The Puffin Hut shall maintain the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately. Entrants will be notified as soon as possible on this happening.
- The Puffin Hut also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The winner(s) agree to the use of their names and any images on our social media platforms once supplied with the prize to be used in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winners or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Entrants into competitions shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.